The Business Development Executive serves as ECNG Energy’s representative to prospective new clients and Strategic Energy Alliance Partners for the purpose of originating net new revenue and business opportunities. Primary objectives for this role are to initiate and qualify new prospects, make sales calls/visits, sell energy products and services, and to participate in the overall advancement of the sales methodology and process for ECNG.
- This position is responsible for delivery of agreed to sales targets in terms of overall gross margin, customer numbers, and energy volumes in the industrial and commercial market segment.
- Establish a network of medium-large commercial and/or industrial company contacts.
- Develop assignment specific sales strategies directed toward maximizing company objectives and goals. This includes activity strategies, target market focus strategies, pipeline growth strategies and deal closure plans.
- Identify and qualify prospects, create effective presentations, obtain prospect need information to generate proposals, prepare proposals, negotiate and close deals within an acceptable time frame, obtain authorization on contracts and other required documentation, and act as a liaison between ECNG and prospects/customers as needed.
- Support the internal service delivery systems by working cooperatively and effectively with all members of the service delivery and Account Management teams.
- Provide all information needed to ensure completion of all necessary customer agreements. •Remain current on the competition and market conditions.
- Strong desire to succeed, learn and grow. •Ideal candidate will have an established network of large commercial or industrial contacts who are involved with Energy Planning or Facility Management and Investment.
- Ideal candidate will possess prior experience selling energy consultative services with a great understanding of performing needs analysis.
- Must have a successful track record of selling and closing contracts – candidates will be required to demonstrate prior skills.
- Knowledge of consultative selling methods.
- Strong presentation skills and business acumen.
- Strong computer and writing skills.
- Positive, professional demeanor and appearance to act as a positive representative of the company in front of clients and in the local business community, as needed.
Ideal Candidate will possess at least a Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, marketing, management, or related field.
- Strong interpersonal communication, and diplomacy skills.
- Ability to work and contribute as an effective team player in a growth oriented business environment.
- Ability to adapt to changing industry demands and internal and external factors.
- Strong business negotiating and closing skills.
- Problem solver, logical/practical thinker
- Ability to work independently and without direct supervision.
- Detail oriented with very strong organization and follow-through skills.
- Must be self-directed and able to learn business concepts and new products quickly.
- Ability to make decisions and/or recommendations taking into account a Client’s point of view.